Any development within the Village of Warner requires a Development Permit. You must obtain a Development Permit before you are able to get a Building Permit. The first step would be to download the application from, fill it out and drop it off at the Village Office. All applicable fees are required before a application can be considered. If you have any questions you can contact the Village Development Officer at 403-642-3877 or Bonnie Brunner at Oldman River Regional Services Commission (ORRSC) at 403-329-1344.
The Land Use Bylaw also provides information on what is required for each of the various land use districts, permitted and discretionary uses and each type of development.
- Land Use Bylaw No. 538-12
- Non-Residential Development Permit Application
- Residential Development Permit Application
- Sign Application Development Permit
- Application For A Land Use Bylaw Amendment
- Telecommunication Siting Protocol Application & Checklist Building Permits
A Building Permit is required for all construction projects within the Village. To get a Building Permit, you’ll need the following:
- You must have a Development Permit before obtaining a Building Permit.
- Two sets of architectural designs, structural designs, mechanical designs and electrical drawings
- Permit filled out and fee paid
- Following approval of a Development Permit it will be issued by the Village of Warner Municipal Planning Commission. All Plumbing and Electric Permits can also be applied for by contacting any agencies authorized by Municipal Affairs.
- Agencies Authorized by Alberta Municipal Affairs to Issue Permits and Provide Compliance Monitoring in non-Accredited Municipalities.
All subdivisions are processed by Oldman River Regional Services Commission (ORRSC).
They are located in Lethbridge at:
3105 – 16th Avenue North
Phone: (403) 329-1344
Toll-free phone: 1-877-329-1387
Fax: (403) 327-6847
The Village of Warner ORRSC Planner is Bonnie Brunner. She can be contacted at the ORRSC office. You can also contact the Village Office for information about the process.
A detailed sketch of the proposed subdivision area needs to be supplied along with the applicable fee.
- 2019 Utility Rate Bylaw
- 2020 Tax Rate Bylaw
- Animal Complaint Form
- Bylaw Enforcement Complaint Form
- Dog Barking Questionnaire For Excessive Dog Barking
- Dog Bylaw
- Dog License Application
- Municipal Emergency Management Bylaw
- Noise Bylaw
- Procedural By-Law 561-18
- Prohibited Burning - Fridays & Saturdays in your burning barrels. Please click on this link to see what Alberta Environment has deemed prohibited burning items..
- Sidewalk Snow Removal Bylaw
- Taxation Bylaw
- Truck Bylaw
- Utility Bylaw
- Village of Warner Land Use Bylaw No. 538-12 Consolidated to Bylaw No. 599-18, October 2018
- Warner Village Land Use Bylaw 538-12 September 18, 2013